Consider weaving elements of Indigenous pedagogy into your teaching practice.
8 Ways of Learning
- Story Sharing: Approaching learning through narrative.
- Learning Maps: Explicitly mapping/visualising processes.
- Non-verbal: Applying intra-personal and kinaesthetic skills to thinking and learning.
- Symbols and Images: Using images and metaphors to understand concepts and content.
- Land Links: Place-based learning, linking content to local land and place.
- Non-linear: Producing innovations and understanding by thinking laterally or combining systems.
- Deconstruct/Reconstruct: Modelling and scaffolding, working from wholes to parts (watch then do).
- Community Links: Centring local viewpoints, applying learning for community benefit.
Dialogue circles (or yarning circles)